Saturday, May 14, 2011

Affirmations for the Pregnant Mama

Maintain a positive outlook during pregnancy. Incorporate thoughtful meditation into your daily routine. Set aside 15-20 minutes to consciously relax your body starting with your head and working down your spine to your legs and feet. In addition to relaxing muscle groups, internalize positive mental images and messages that help you find your inner strength. Giving birth will take a woman on a journey that is both soul expanding and physically challenging. Most women do not know how strong they are until they give birth. Arm  yourself with affirmations that are reflective of positive beliefs regarding birth.

Here are some to start with:

  1.  My body has an inner wisdom.
  2. I am strong.
  3. My body knows how to give birth.
  4. My body is nourishing my child at this moment.
  5. I have everything I need to birth my baby.
  6. My body works perfectly.
  7. I surrender to the power of birth.
  8. With practice, I can learn to ride the contractions like waves.
  9. I am already strong and capable.
  10. My body is flexible and stretchy and fully equipped for birth.
Trust in birth. 
Believe in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment