- Assume a hands and knees position on the floor.
- Rock the pelvis forward and back. If you were standing up it would look like a move from an exotic dance, no worries you are on your hands and knees here!
Benefits in pregnancy:
- Tones abs.
- Relieves back pressure.
- Increases circulation to the legs and pelvic cavity, thus reducing the risk of varicose veins.
Uses in labor:
- Promotes optimum fetal positioning.
- Relieves back pressure from descent of baby.
- Relieves back pressure due to posterior position of baby.
- Encourages baby to rotate from posterior to anterior position.
- Alternate pushing position for second stage to facilitate a posterior presentation or birth of a large baby.
- Encourages circulation to promote healing.
- Helps align organs after the birth.
- Tones lower abs.
Rock on, mama!